This list of 10 easy to use WordPress eCommerce plugins will definitely help if you are running WordPress based eCommerce shop.
Update: we have recently posted another 15 very useful WordPress plugins for eCommerce.
The WP e-Commerce shopping cart plugin for WordPress is an elegant easy to use fully featured shopping cart application suitable for selling your products, services, and or fees online.
WP e-Commerce is a Web 2.0 application designed with usability, aesthetics, and presentation in mind.
- Bands & Record Labels
- Clothing Companies
- Crafters & Artists
- Books, DVDs & MP3 files
eShop is an accessible shopping cart plugin for WordPress, packed with various features. Including:
- Utilises WordPress pages or posts, and compatible with custom post types, to create products
- Customers can sign up to your site (settable option)
- Various methods available for listing products
- Products can have multiple options
- Upload downloadable products
- Basic Statistics
- Download sales data
- Various shipping options, including by weight.
- Admin has access to an Order handling section
- Automatic emails on successful purchase
- User configurable email templates.
- Configurable Out of Stock message.
- Basic Stock Control
- Google Base Data creation
- Uninstall available within the plugin
- Various discount options
- WPMU, Multisite compatible.
- Merchant gateways:Authorize.net, Paypal, Payson, eProcessingNetwork, Webtopay, iDEAL and Cash/Cheque!
- Now compatible with WP Affiliate for affiliates – see wiki.
- able to be used as a product catalogue with no sales.
- and much much more
3. Phpurchase – The Best WordPress Shopping Cart
- Sell digital and physical products
- Memberships, subscriptions, payment plans
- Track inventory
- Real-time UPS shipping rates
- Use PayPal, Authorize.net and more
- The most customizable WP Ecommerce plugin
- Great documentation and support
- PCI Compliant: Passes McAfee Security Test
Ecwid is a free full-featured shopping cart and an e-commerce solution that can easily be added to any blog or Facebook profile. It offers the performance and flexibility you need, with none of the hassles you don’t. “Ecwid” stands for “ecommerce widgets”.
5. Getshopped – The WP e-Commerce Plugin
WP e-Commerce is a free bolt-on shopping cart that lets customers buy your products, services and digital downloads online. We make setting up shop incredibly easy. Plus we’ve had over 750,000 downloads!
6. Shopp – simply flexible, completely capable, bolt-on ecommerce solution.
Shopp is an e-commerce plugin that adds a feature-rich online store to your WordPress-powered website or blog. Get your store up and running in minutes. Then, take it to the next level with the flexibility of Shopp’s customization tools that allow production studios and power users to tailor every aspect of the shopping experience.
ArtPal is a free (GPL) WordPress plugin, originally written for Artists, to seemlessly integrate PayPal with their WordPress blogs so that they can sell their work online.
Artists’ online stores tend to be simple, but also unconventional. The items for sale are one of a kind, and thus the overhead that deals with keeping “stock” is unnecessary. I created ArtPal so that artists would have a simple, easy-to-use solution for their unique needs.
8. Are PayPal
- Post/Page can be set to contain hidden content.
- Instead of the hidden text user is shown a message about the action he has to take to be able to see the content.
- Content can be set as hidden for unregistered users and visible for registered
- Content can be set as hidden for unregistered-unpayed users and visible for registered-paid users
- Gogglebot can index hidden content so users can search for a hidden content but can not see it. Other search engines will see only visible content
- Administrator can grant users to access payed content
- All the features are configurable using administration screens
- Plugin uses PayPal IPN – Instant Payment Notification protocol so payment/content delivery process is fully automated.
- Bonus posts. Packages of posts can be created. So what buying one post from the package all other becomes visible also
- Price for all blog. Administrator can set price for all payed posts so what user who pays can view all the hidden content
- Pay To register feature.
This plugin is used to monetize wordpress blog content using PayPal. It is designed to sell your knowledge.
YAK is an open source shopping cart plugin for WordPress. It associates products with weblog entries (in other words, posts), so the post ID also becomes the product code. It supports both pages and posts as products, handles different types of product through categorisation, and provides customisable purchase options (cheque or deposit, basic credit card form, basic Google Checkout integration, standard PayPal integration, PayPal Payments Pro, and Authorize.net).
10. Quick Shop
Quick Shop is a WordPress Shopping Cart with both Paypal and Email functionality built-in.