Last year on Feb 6 ’10, It was the issue of payment transfers to local banks in India and Now this ‘Reserve Bank Of India Restricts PayPal Payments To Indian Merchants’ issue. It is really annoying how Entrepreneurs & Freelancers……. Anyway, lets take a look at what others are saying.
What Others Are Saying?
- PayPal in India is ‘Close to Dead’ by Amit Agarwal [labnol]
- Reserve Bank Of India Restricts PayPal Payments To Merchants To Under $500 by Leena Rao [TechCrunch]
- PayPal’s Tweaked Terms Leave Indian Users Unhappy! by Prateek Waghre [WATBlog]
- Latest Changes in Paypal Broken the Backbone of Paypal Users in India by Pankaj Gupta [blogdefined]
- Why Is PayPal Screwing Indians? An ex-RBI Employee Tells Me The Facts by Keith Dsouza [Techie-buzz]
Some Interesting Statistics About Indian Paypal Users
According to source, PayPal’s total payment volume, the total value of transactions US$ 71 billion in year 2009 with US$191.7 million of transaction per day. Now lets write this in simple form instead of writing it with millions and billions because people hear them everyday and don’t even know how many zeros it has.
$70000000000 per year & $191780821 per day *Cough* You know i said dollars! right? *Cough*.
In which India did the $4.620 billion transaction per year according to 2009, that is 211,048,067,999 ruppes in 2009.
Now Lets take a look at PayPal Usage Per Country – Top 6 Countries
- USA – 40.7 %
- U.K – 8.2%
- India – 6.6%
- Germany – 5.1%
- Canada – 3.3%
- China – 3.2%
Another intresting fact – Nearly 49% of the high-tech startups in silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. are owned by Indians or Indian-Americans.
What Can We Do? Sign The Petition!
Please Sign this Petition and share it with your friends, specially any Bloggers or Entrepreneur you know, At least Retweet or Like this to spread this.
Signing this petition is very easy, Use the widget on right or go to petition page at http://bit.ly/paypal2011