1. Barcodes By Christian Brunschen
Barcodes allows you to scan barcodes and use the information they contain: URLs can be opened, telephone numbers called, emails sent, business cards added to your contacts. The pictures you scan can be taken with the camera or chosen from your photo roll or picture library. Anything scanned will be saved to an archive that you can revisit at any time. Most of all, the application is simple to use: Start the app, take a picture, and confirm the action to be taken.
2. Barcode Reader By SHAPE Services
Smarter and faster shopping! Take a photo of any printed barcode, and Barcode Reader Pro will show you the lowest possible prices in local (US only) and online stores.
Use Barcode Reader to compare prices, find more details about scanned product, save or e–mail search results for your future shopping. Barcode Reader searches eBay, Amazon, Google Product Search and number of other price comparison services and stores.
3. Barcode Scanner By BahnTech
Barcode Scanner ~ Always find the lowest price ~ Now with iPod Touch 4th Gen Support!
#1 Barcode Scanner in the App Store 2009 / 2010!
4. CardStar By CardStar, Inc.
CardStar lets you easily store and quickly retrieve loyalty, reward and club membership cards, where they can be scanned directly from your screen at many merchants.
5. FoodScanner – Calorie, Diet, and Weight Loss By DailyBurn
FoodScanner allows you to use your iPhone’s camera to scan UPC barcodes on the foods you eat. FoodScanner is the absolute quickest and easiest way to find foods and track how many calories you eat throughout the day.
6. Pic2shop – Shop by Barcode By Vision Smarts
Over 1.5M downloads! Pic2shop is the fastest and easiest barcode scanner on iTunes. Scan the barcode of a product with your iPhone’s camera and instantly compare the prices at thousands of online and local retailers. Product information, user reviews, etc., are just one tap away!
7. QuickMark QR Code Reader By SimpleAct Inc.
QuickMark is a mobile barcode reader application that allows you to automatically scan and generate multiple barcode formats from your iPhone.
QuickMark is Google’s recommended barcode reader and selected partner for Google’s Favorite Places campaign! http://qmc.tw/lsLF
CNet Review: “QuickMark takes the top prize. It’s full-featured, easy to use… QuickMark is recommend by Google for good reason…” http://qmc.tw/F0tl
8. RedLaser By Occipital
RedLaser searches for low online and local prices from hundreds of thousands of retailers. Features product results from Google (US & UK), TheFind, eBay, Milo.com and Half.com. Even without autofocus! RedLaser uses state-of-the-art barcode recognition that can read virtually any product barcode. Works great on the first-gen, 3G, and 3GS.
9. Shop Savvy Barcode Scanner By Big in Japan
Scan a barcode with your phone’s camera and receive all the best prices on the Internet and at nearby, local stores.
ShopSavvy 4 is here, we’re really excited about this one.
10. ZBar Barcode Reader By Jeff Brown
ZBar ― Open source barcode reader
• Supports many barcode formats: EAN-13/UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, Code 128, Code 39 and QR Code.
• Barcodes are recognized horizontally and vertically, anywhere on the screen
• Search for products using Google, Amazon and the Internet UPC Database
• …or define your own searches.
• Link to web sites or send E-mail to addresses embedded in QR Codes.
• Scan tracking numbers and track packages with UPS and FedEx.
• Scan photos or images saved from web pages.
• Send results in an E-mail.
• Open source software can easily be used in other apps.
11. ZXing v1.1: barcode reader for iPhone
ZXing uses the iPhone’s built-in camera to decode both 1D and 2D barcodes. It doesn’t need to communicate with a server and generally takes about 1 to 2 seconds to process an image. As with any barcode reader, image quality plays a big role in decoding information, so focus issues and motion blur could cause some trouble when using this app.