1. Dishfinders By Cocoafish
Dishfinders is for food lovers to find and share food reviews and photos. Use Dishfinders to search for a specific dish or restaurant and browse the food photos and reviews submitted by others before deciding where to go and what to order.
Share your opinions of a dish by sumbitting your own reviews. It can be a simple rating, photo or comment or all of the above. You will earn Dishfinders points for each review you submit. If your food photos are liked by others, you will earn additional points. Compete for the weekly and all time top scorer in our Leaderboard.
You can also check out the feed to see the latest food reviews near you, browse food photos to satisfy your cravings and bookmark your favorite or craved dishes and see them on the map.
2. OpenTable By OpenTable, Inc
Restaurant Reservations – Free, Instant, Confirmed. With OpenTable for iPad you can make free restaurant reservations at more than 15,000 OpenTable-enabled restaurants in the United States, Canada, and United Kingdom. Plus, OpenTable members earn valuable Dining Rewards Points redeemable for Dining Cheques good at any OpenTable restaurant.
3. iSPICE By Sutro Media
? Spice up your plate ? This fun and simple application guides you and teaches you about different spices, herbs and seasonings. You will find valuable information on the spice, videos, recipes and of course where to purchase the ingredients.
About the Author
Monica Bhide is a syndicated food columnist for Scripps, a contributing editor to AARP-The magazine, author of three cookbooks and a frequent contributor to NPR.ORG. Her work has appeared in The New York Times, Washington Post, Food & Wine, SELF, Health, Town & Country, Saveur and many other national and international publications.
4. Chocolate Encyclopedia By Jose Barrientos
Chocolate : The following encyclopedia contains chocolate raw materials, processing, nutritional data, transport, process microbiology, and types of chocolate. It is a solid or semi-solid food is produced by a process of grinding of cocoa fruits after they have been roasted. While the beans are ground, extracted a liquid which is the basic ingredient of any product of cocoa chocolate. The invigorates and nourishes the body. Cocoa is used in many different ways since arriving in Europe.
5. COCKTAILS HD By Pocket Cocktails Inc
Every aspiring mixologist will enjoy the latest creation from the labs of Pocket Cocktails: Cocktails HD!
Cocktails HD is a fabulous turn-key resource for any home bartender or bar-chef.
This fabulous app contains a massive collection of high resolution cocktail recipes all with full color photos, from the popular to the exotic, there are a fantastic number to choose from.
All drinks are grouped by category: martinis, classics, summer, tropical, creamy, shooters, warmers and a section of non-alcohol drinks for kids of all ages. Engaging introduction text and tips accompany each drink which allow you to experiment with drink variations and learn interesting trivia about the tremendous range of cocktail content.
6. Jamie’s 20 Minute Meals by Zolmo
Cooking great meals on your iPod or iPhone has never been so easy. Jamie Oliver’s 20 Minute Meals includes:
- – 60 recipes with easy to follow steps
- – Stunning step-by-step photography for every recipe
- – 21 exclusive Jamie Oliver videos featuring tips, techniques and kitchen skills
- – Beautiful intuitive design
- – Handy, encouraging voice prompts and tips in every recipe
- – Easy to use innovative interactive shopping list
- – Comprehensive kitchen essentials guide
- – Powerful browse or search recipes by ingredient or recipe type
- – Shake for random recipe
- – Toggle portion size by number of guests
- – All recipes in both metric and US Imperial measures
- – Once installed, no Internet connection required to view recipes
7. Ocado By Ocado Ltd
- • An entire supermarket at your fingertips. Shop for everything from food and drink to homeware, books, toys and much more.
- • Shop for groceries on the move. Place a brand new order or just add an item you’ve forgotten to your next order.
- • Works in complete harmony with Ocado.com. Seamless syncing means you can start an order on one and complete it on the other.
- • Get your next order started in a flash. Use Your Instant Shop to create a typical order for you, based on your previous deliveries.
- • Shop even if you’re offline. Our catalogue of over 22,000 products is stored on your phone, so you can keep shopping even if you go through a tunnel. As soon as your Internet connection returns, your order will update automatically.
- • Same day ordering. Place an order for same day delivery while commuting to work. (Not available in all areas.)
- • Shop from your kitchen (or wherever you like). Check your cupboards and fridge as you shop, so you’ll never run out of eggs or buy a duplicate jar of mixed herbs by mistake.
Can’t decide where to eat? Urbanspoon can help. SHAKE your iPhone and the Urbanspoon slot machine will pick a good restaurant for you to try. See what’s NEARBY to explore your ‘hood in list or map mode. See what your FRIENDS like. BROWSE a comprehensive list of restaurants.
9. Food Blogroll By Lingolook Publishing LLC
Are you a foodie? Discover 25 of the world’s leading culinary blogs in one handy app: The Food Blogroll for iPad. This ‘bookmark’ app features a curated list of some of the top food blogs from independent bloggers and mainstream media alike, helping you stay up-to-date with the latest commentary in the food world. The select menu of top food blog sites are displayed within a simple interface, allowing you to quickly toggle between blogs with a tap of your iPad touchscreen. You can customize The Food Blogroll by simply adding or deleting blog sites from the menu list. You can also share interesting posts that you discover with friends via Facebook and Twitter. If you’re into the food scene, The Food Blogroll is a must-have app!
Recipes from the award-winning food site Epicurious.com are now available on your iPhone and your iPad. Search more than 30,000 delicious, professionally created recipes from Bon Appetit, Gourmet, Self, and renowned chefs and cookbooks. Save your favorite recipes, and sync your Favorites list in the app with your online Recipe Box at Epicurious.com. You can also create shopping lists, and e-mail recipes and shopping lists to yourself and friends. Plus, get access to authoritative recipe reviews from Epicurious members.
You can use the Epicurious Recipes and Shopping List app on either the iPhone or the iPad. Whether you launch the app from an iPhone or iPad, you get the same robust feature set, customized for the device you’re currently using.