BackendPro is a control panel for developers written in PHP for the CodeIgniter framework. Its not like a CMS where it provides you with a full working system but it does provide you with part of a system. What I mean by this is it provides you with functionality to do all the simple repetitive tasks like authentication, permissions and a basic look and feel for your websites control panel. So using your current PHP and CodeIgniter knowledge you can use BackendPro to built a fully working website quickly since you can concentrate on your application instead of the bits to manage the system.
What can it do?
It can do lots, not everything I have planned, there is still a lot I want to add like language detection, better error logging (with viewing features) but its been quite a while and I wanted to release something so people can try it. At the moment it has all the following features.
- User Authentication with registration and account activation
- User Permissions by using Access Control Lists (Has Access Control area to manage your websites access permissions)
- Site Preferences (Stored in a database with simple to use UI to update and change preferences)
- Improved Asset Library (Means loading assets onto pages is quick and simple, also has asset caching to speed up the loading of asset files)
- Status messages (Can display info/success/warning/error messages to the user)
- Breadcrumb trail creation