1. Choqok - KDE Micro-Blogging Client
Choqok ( pronounced: t?œ???k ) is a Free/Open Source micro-blogging client for K Desktop Environment. The name comes from an ancient Persian word, means Sparrow!
Currently supports Twitter.com, Identi.ca and opendesktop.org services.
- Supporting Twitter.com micro-blogging service.
- Supporting Identi.ca micro-blogging service. (Using its Twitter compatible API)
- Supporting self hosted StatusNet websites. (Using their Twitter compatible API)
- Supporting Open Collaboration Services API (Used by opendesktop.org)
- Supporting Friends, @Reply, Favorite and Public time-lines.
- Support for send and receive direct messages.
- Official Repeat/ReTweet functions.
- Supporting Multiple Accounts simultaneously.
- Supporting search APIs for Twitter and StatusNet services.
- Support for Twitter lists.
- KWallet integration.
- Ability to make a quick tweet/dent with global shortcuts. (Ctrl+Meta+T)
- Ability to notify user about new statuses arriving.
- Flickr, ImageShack, Twitpic, Twitgoo, Mobypicture and Posterous photo uploading
- Support for shortening urls with more than 30 characters.+shorten on paste, With more than 10 shortening services
- Post text translation using Google Translate service.
- Posts (Statuses) list appearance configuration.
- Filtering supported to hide unwanted posts.
- Setting your last post as your current status message in IM clients (Kopete, Pidgin, Psi, Skype)
- Preview Images from Twitpic, YFrog, img.ly, plixi, Twitgoo, TweetPhoto and etc. services.
- Preview Videos from YouTube and Vimeo services.
- Send Now Listening text. (Many of favorite players such as Amarok, Exaile, Banshee, Rhythmbox and VLC supported)
- UnTiny short Urls.
- Proxy support.
2. TweetDeck – Your social world, centre stage
TweetDeck is your personal real-time browser, connecting you with your contacts across Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Google Buzz and more.
3. Gwibber – Microblogging Freedom
Gwibber is an open source microblogging client for Linux. It brings the most popular social networking web services to your desktop and gives you the ability to control how you communicate.
- Supports many different social networks
- Provides a combined stream of all your messages
- Automatically shortens URLs when they are pasted
- Built-in search tool and support for saved searches
- Optional support for spell-checking as you type
- HTML themes let you customize Gwibber’s look and feel
- Multicolumn user interface for viewing multiple streams
Twitux is a GTK+ Twitter client.
Twhirl is a social software desktop client, based on the Adobe AIR platform.
Some of twhirl’s features:
- runs on both Windows (2000/XP/Vista/Win7) and Mac OSX
- connects to multiple Twitter, laconi.ca, Friendfeed and Seesmic Video accounts
- displays notifications for new messages
- shorten long URLs (using digg.com, bit.ly, snurl, twurl or is.gd)
- cross-post your updates to Jaiku and many other sites like Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn and more via Ping.fm
- post images to yfrog
- search tweets using Twitter Search and TweetScan, and follow topics in near-real time with saved searches
- automatically find tweets mentioning your @username
- record a video on Seesmic Video, and share it on Twitter immediately
- get your Seesmic Video updates in real-time using XMPP
- English spell checking