1. Mobile Tools
- Detection of the user agent
- Automatic redirection to the mobile site
- Automatic theme switching, based on device type (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, … )
- Integration with Panels through a Ctools plugin and for Node Displays.
- Notification for mobile users that a mobile site is available when they are looking at the desktop site
- Adding a mobile context to the permission system: this way you can use role based permission modules to define
- what a mobile user can / cannot do on your site, or what content he can see or not.
Drupad.module is the companion module for the iPhone™ / iPod touch™ application, Drupad.
3. Mobile Theme
Adds the ability to choose a mobile theme in admin/build/themes/settings which is used for serving users on mobile devices.
The WURFL module helps you in detecting the device capabilities of the mobile device visiting your website. It is based on WURFL and the WURFL PHP library..
The module provides device capability detection as an api to developers.
5. Mobile Codes
The Mobile Codes module provides the ability to render Text, URLs or any other form of informaton as a Mobile Code, including but not limited to the QR codes and Datamatrix formats, providing a simple way of transfering said information from the screen to a Mobile phone.
Mobile Codes was written and is maintained by Stuart Clark (deciphered).
6. QR Codes
QR codes are a popular type of two-dimensional barcode. They are also known as hardlinks or physical world hyperlinks. QR Codes store up to 4,296 alphanumeric characters of arbitrary text. This text can be anything, for example URL, contact information, a telephone number, even a poem! QR codes can be read by an optical device with the appropriate software. Such devices range from dedicated QR code readers to mobile phones.
iDrupal is a project aimed at making it easier to manage a Drupal web site from your iPhone or iPod Touch.
There are 3 main components needed to use iDrupal:
- idrupal.module located here. This module acts as a bridge to talk to the iPhone client.
- A theme designed to work with iDrupal that is listed below.
- The iDrupal iPhone client that will be available in the AppStore soon!
8. .mobi loader
This module is intended to be used with the .mobi theme. It looks for visitors requesting a .mobi alias of the site and overrides the default theme to display the .mobi theme.
Simple Mobile Redirect module is a quick and easy way to make a redirect from a main site to a separate mobile URL/site.
- Separate redirects for iPad, IPhone, Andriod, Opera Mini, Blackbery
- Disable redirect with a cookie set at [siteroot]/?nomobi=true
- Remove the cookie at [siteroot]/clearsimplemobileredirect (triggers a redirect to the mobile site; rel=”nofollow” recommended)
10. SMS List
* Provides a Block to Subscribe/Unsubscribe
* Checks for The Validity of Number
* Send an SMS Challenge Code for Confirmation
* Custom Subscription Message
* Registered User Can Subscribe from User Page as well
* Provides an Interface to Send SMS to Subscribed List
* Status for Subscribed, UnSubscribed & SMS Sent
* Limit Number of messages sent in one go
11. dot2code – QR code management service
This Drupal module provides integration with the dot2code QR code management service. This will enable mobile users to just point at a QR code with their phones, and the dot2code (D2C) service will (optionally) authenticate them, capture some users data when required by you (i.e. age, location, etc.), and redirect them to certain contents in your Drupal site.