SpeedWatch Plus is a universal speedometer which uses your device’s built-in GPS location system in order to show the speed at which you are traveling. By putting your iPhone or iPad on the dashboard and activating HUD mode it doubles as a head-up display. Requires iOS 7.x and a 3G/4G enabled device.
SpeedWatch Plus includes an extension for Apple Watch to be used as an ideal speedometer to be used on the bicycle, motorcycle or in the car. Important: for best usability on the Apple Watch make sure to activate ‘Settings/General/Activate on Wrist Raise’ and set it to ‘Last Used App’ – this way Speed Watch Plus stays active until you deactivate it.
– One Universal App to support all devices: iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch
– Speedometer function with the ability to switch between ft/s, mph, kph, knot and m/s
– Tracks and displays Maximum and Average speed
Additional features on iPhone & iPad (not applicable for Apple Watch):
– Headup Display (HUD) function to show speed on the windscreen of your car
– Speed display can be customized in size, font and color
– Four different colors to match the dashboard design of your car
– Six different fonts styles to choose from
– Average and Maximum speed display can be switched on and off
– Design choices are saved locally on the device
– Two finger tap makes all buttons invisible while they can still be used
– Display of GPS signal accuracy and extended error handling in case of no speed readout
– Link to web-based support in case of difficulties (please check this first before writing bad reviews!)
Note that with watchOS 1.x the paired iPhone has to be within range of the Watch in order for it to update the speed. This is a limitation of watchOS not of the App.