1. Mashable – The Social Media Guide
Founded in 2005 by Pete Cashmore, Mashable is the top source for news in social and digital media, technology and web culture. With more than 40 million monthly pageviews, Mashable is the most prolific news site reporting breaking web news, providing analysis of trends, reviewing new websites and services, and offering social media resources and guides. Mashable’s audience includes early adopters, social media enthusiasts, entrepreneurs, influencers, brands and corporations, marketing, PR and advertising agencies, Web 2.0 aficionados and technology journalists. Mashable is also popular with bloggers, Twitter and Facebook users — an increasingly influential demographic.
2. Socialnomics: World of Mouth for Social Good
Socialnomics was founded by Erik Qualman with the intent of providing short social stories, statistics, studies and surprises. The term Socialnomics also has a double meaning in that as the success of this site grows the more social good we hope to accomplish/give back.
3. Socialmedia.biz – Social media news and business strategies blog
In 2007 Socialmedia.biz was named the #1 site covering the social Web. CNET named founder J.D. Lasica one of the top 100 media bloggers in the world after he launched Ourmedia.org (150,000 members), the first video hosting and sharing site.
Now we’re even stronger and ready for business, bringing aboard a world-class team of social media strategists:
- Christopher S. Rollyson, an independent consultant and strategist, has been a principal consultant and marketing executive of several Big Four and specialist technology consultancies.
- Chris Abraham is co-founder and principal of Abraham Harrison LLC, an international consulting and public relations company.
- Deltina Hay is the principal owner of the publishing house Dalton Publishing and the social media consulting and Web 2.0 development firm Social Media Power.
- Ayelet Noff heads a New Media PR firm that helps brands launch and execute successful social media marketing campaigns via social networks and blogs and at the same time enhance their offering.
- Joanna Lord is co-founder & CMO of TheOnlineBeat.com, a premier resource for online job searchers that provides the most comprehensive job search on the web.
- David Spark is the owner of Spark Media Solutions, a new media production company that offers end-to-end solutions for capturing live events through rich media.
4. Soshable – Social Media Blogs
Social media is a whirlwind. It’s amazing at times and terrifying at others.
It’s a tool that people and businesses can use to fill many needs, both on a personal and professional basis. Every day another innovative use or important application emerges that can change lives from the most minute detail up to influencing the events of the world. Our goal is to analyze these things and (hopefully) offer a fresh insight into the structures and people that drive the engagements.
“It’s social media. What worked yesterday doesn’t work today but may work again tomorrow.”
JD Rucker is the founder and editor of Soshable. We have writers but we’re always looking for more – contribute! Soshable is partnered with Hasai, Inc, a social media strategy firm, and TK Carsites, and automotive marketing firm.