1. Community Answers By Corejoomla
Community Answers is a Yahoo Answers like Web 2.0 QnA component using which your users can start discussions on topics of their interest.
- CoreJoomla jQuery Plugin with jQuery UI 25 themes support, allows you to change buttons, font and color themes of HTML components with one click.
- Full search with Ajax auto suggestion support.
- Extensive reporting features on backend – View questions, answers and statistics of each user and moderate.
- Extensive permission system – Choose which user group can view, create, answer and accept questions.
- Guests can ask questions and answer questions (configurable).
- Ratings: Thumbs up and Thumbs down ratings for answers
- Bookmarking: Email and bookmarking tools
- Best Answer: Question creator can choose best answer and points are awarded to the answerer.
- JomSocial & Mighty Touch Activity Stream Support.
- Points System: JomSocial Points, Mighty Touch Points & Alpha User Points. Award points to your users when they ask or answer questions, selecting best answer etc.
- User Avatar Support: JomSocial, Mighty Touch, Community Builder, Kunena, Alpha User Points
- Email Notifications
- Full moderation (edit answer, unpublish, delete answer) from front-end
- My Questions & My Answers pages for user self care.
- WYSIWYG editor support
- Open questions, Resolved questions, Most popular questions, Most answered questions
- Search capability with Joomla Search Plugin and inbuilt search.
- Unlimited multi level categories
- Multilevel unlimited categories
- Similar Answers: Keep your website visitors do not leave the site.
- Open questions, answered questions, featured questions, most popular questions.
- Addon modules for category listing and latest, answered, most popular, most answered questions
- Joomla search plugin
2. Kunena By Kunena Team
Kunena – The leading Joomla Forum Component. Downloaded more than 950,000 times in less than 2 years. The only forum/discussion solution for Joomla that is community driven. No hidden fees, no surprises – true open source. See our public forums, SVN and file repositories, our public documentation wiki. The Kunena Team is fully committed to Joomla 1.6 and beyond and a number of modules have been developed to lay the groundwork for future releases of Joomla.
3. Discussions By Codingfish
Discussions is a Joomla! 1.5 native forum extension.
It’s a forum that offers a pretty basic feature set + some cool stuff that you might have looked for. Best of all, it’s free so just go and check it out.
4. Ninjaboard By Stian Didriksen
Ninjaboard marks a new generation in native Joomla forums, it is one of the easiest to use, yet most powerful forums and without a doubt the best looking one! Say goodbye to buggy, hard to use, ugly, table based forums forever.
5. Answers By Computer-Logic
C-Logic Answers is a yahoo answers type component that allows your users:
- Submit questions
- submit answers
- accept best answer
Its very basic but stylish at the same time good for almost all sites!
6. Joo!BB By Robert Stemplewski
Joo!BB stands for Joomla! Bulletin Board. It is a highly customizable, fully Joomla! integrated forum software based on Joo!CM (Joomla! Community Manager). For the installation latest Joomla version is strongly recommended.
7. lknAnswers By Ulas Alkan
lknAnswers is an advanced Question & Answers solution for all Joomla versions.
- Yahoo Answers Clone.
- Users can ask questions, Community provides answers.
- POLLS: Users can create polls for their questions
- Ranking system for answers. (also supports the other point systems like Alphauserpoint & Jom Social user Points System)
- Report offensive text.
- Template System.
- Users can subscribe questions.
- Access Control for lknAnswers. You can create private areas for a Joomla User group
- Moderator System. You can define Super Moderators and Category Moderators
- Attachments for for questions and answers
- Social bookmarking buttons (local buttons & addthis.com button)
- Rss feeds for component. Users can get Rss feeds for all parts of the lknAnswers
- Highly Advanced Search in the Knowledgebase.
- Supports user avartars
- Tagging system for questions
- SEO: Search Engine Friendly Urls (SEF) and Meta Tag menagement
- Community Builder and Jom Social Integration for user profiles.
8. Agora By jVitals Team
As masters of debate and conversation, the ancient Greeks would congregate at the local Agora to hold meetings and discuss the events of the day. This is the inspiration for Agora Forum, an enterprise-class bulletin board extension for Joomla.
At its heart, Agora Forum is all about facilitating conversations and quite frankly, it’s the easiest way to have a conversation on a Joomla web site. But don’t be fooled by its simplicity and ease of use. Agora has all the power of a stand-alone bulletin board without all the fuss of a bridged forum solution or a full-blown social networking suite.
In addition to a rich feature-set, Agora’s famous set of risk-free migration tools makes it easy to migrate from existing forums such as Kunena, PHPBB3, SMF and ccBoard.
9. Talki By Tal.ki
Tal.ki – Joomla! Forums (Free)
Tal.ki Embeddable Forums are the easiest way to add a forum, message board, or discussion board to your Joomla! site. This forum extension will add a Forums page to your site and allow your members to start their own conversations and forum topics on your site. The forums work with your Joomla! login system so it’s transparent for your members.
Add your own forum discussion board in seconds. Members will be automatically notified of their forum responses. You can promote members to moderator and admin status.