Do you ever pull your hair out trying to hand-edit all your tags with some arcane editor? Tell your inner OCD to take a hike because Cowbell is coming to town. Cowbell is an elegant music organizer intended to make keeping your collection tidy both fun and easy.
Infused with Amazon Web Services SOAP-fu, Cowbell can whip your music platoon into shape without even getting your boots muddy. And, if that isn’t enough to make you want to rush to the Download link, Cowbell can also snatch album art and rename your music like a pro.
Cowbell is available for most current Linux distributions including, but not limited to: Ubuntu Breezy/Dapper, Debian Etch/Sid, Fedora Core 4, FreeBSD, Gentoo
2. Helium Music Manager 7.3
3. EasyTAG – Tag editor for MP3, Ogg Vorbis files and more
EasyTAG is a utility for viewing and editing tags for MP3, MP2, MP4/AAC, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, MusePack, Monkey’s Audio and WavPack files. Its simple and nice GTK+ interface makes tagging easier under GNU/Linux or Windows.
The program exists for the both versions of the GTK library 1.2 and 2.4.
The GTK 1.2 version wouldn’t change a lot (may be some bugs fixes), as all new developments will be concentrated on the new GTK 2.4 version.
Jajuk is software that organizes and plays music. It is a full-featured application geared towards advanced users with large or scattered music collections. Using multiple perspectives, the software is designed to be intuitive and provide different visions of your collection.
- Search – Search your library or a playlist to find what you want fast.
- Playlists – Put your tracks into playlists, optionally with custom ordering.
- Smart Playlists – Create playlists that automatically include any matching tracks.
- Play Queue – Queue tracks in an ad-hoc playlist, or let the Auto DJ take over
- Shuffle Modes – Shuffle (or Auto DJ) by artist, album, rating, or even songs’ acoustic similarity.
- Banshee is packaged for many Linux distributions like openSUSE, Ubuntu, Foresight, Fedora, Debian, Mandriva & Mac OS X
6. Exaile | Music Player for GTK+
Exaile is a music manager and player for GTK+ written in Python. It incorporates automatic fetching of album art, lyrics fetching, Last.fm scrobbling, support for many portable media players, internet radio such as shoutcast, and tabbed playlists.