1. IM+ By SHAPE Services [Free – Pro Version is available here]
Now with iOS 4.2 fast app switching! IM+ will keep you connected to GTalk, Yahoo, MSN/Live Messenger, AIM/iChat, ICQ, MySpace, Twitter, Facebook, and Jabber. No pre-registration required. Just enter your account in the IM network and start the chat right away.
2. AIM for iPad By AOL [Free]
AIM is redefining social networking – add a location to your status, post to your favorite social networks or chat directly with your Facebook or GTalk friends. Check-in with foursquare. Post your status to Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and Lifestream with one tap. Now chatting with your Facebook or GTalk friends is as easy as using AIM.
3. BeejiveIM for iPad By Beejive, Inc. [$9.99]
BeejiveIM is now available for the iPad! Get it now for a limited time special introductory price! BeejiveIM for iPhone was widely recognized as the top mobile instant messenger for the iPhone/iPad Touch – selected as one of the best apps in iTunes Rewind 2009. See what reviewers are saying about BeejiveIM.
“With support for just about every major IM protocol we ever find ourselves using alongside things like voice/image transfers, Beejive was already our IM client of choice… Background notifications really just sealed the deal, and anything else they’ve added was just frosting on the already delicious cake.” — TechCrunch
4. Windows Live Messenger By Microsoft Corporation [Free]
Windows Live Messenger for iPhone and iPod Touch is the best way to connect with the people that matter most and keep up with the things they are doing across the web. Use your iPhone to instant message your friends list, view and comment on your friends’ photos and status updates from Windows Live, Facebook, and MySpace, and at a glance, see what your Messenger friends are sharing from Flickr, YouTube, and many other social and photo sharing sites. Make sure to visit http://profile.live.com/Services and setup Windows Live to bring in your social networks. Messenger is simply the best way to connect with your closest friends.
5. eBuddy Messenger By eBuddy [Free]
eBuddy: Chat on AIM, MSN / Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo, Facebook Chat, GTalk, MySpace, Hyves and ICQ. eBuddy for iPhone and iPod Touch is one of the most popular IM apps in the world, with more than 5 million downloads.
- PUSH NOTIFICATIONS UP TO 12 HOURS – Stay online and get Push Notifications for incoming messages even when you exit the app.
- LANDSCAPE MODE – Enjoy chatting with a horizontal keyboard.
- ONE BUDDY LIST - Have all your AIM, MSN / Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo, Facebook Chat, GTalk, MySpace, Hyves and ICQ buddies in one list!
6. Meebo By Meebo, Inc. [Free]
Meebo is integrated, all-in-one instant messaging that connects you with your friends everywhere. Meebo has been the leading platform for multi-protocol IM on the web since 2005. With that knowledge and experience, we optimized Meebo on the iPhone for speed, simplicity, and performance.
Meebo supports all the major IM networks:
AOL / AIM, Yahoo!, Windows Live Messenger, Gmail / Google Talk, Facebook, MySpace, and 100+ other networks!
7. Messi.im – MMS-like messages (Video, Pictures, Location, Text) By Infoxenter [$0.99]
– ReadCheck, see if your friends have read your message
(Can be disabled)
– Avatar pictures
– Use any username you like and you can also change it
– Block unwanted users
– Can connect with friends immediately, no need for a
Friend request (optional)
– LiveType, see what your friend is typing while he is typing
– Several Push Sounds
– Push Reminder, Messi.im can resend you the Push
Notification is case you missed the first one.
8. fring: Video Calls + IM By fringland Ltd.[Free]
fring’s video calling DVQ™ technology (Dynamic Video Quality) gives you the best video and audio quality possible by automatically and continuously adjusting your video call quality to match your connectivity.
* Connect with users on other popular social networks: GTalk™, MSN® Messenger, Yahoo™!, Facebook, Twitter & SIP!
* Call to other iPhones, iPod touches, Android, Nokia and more
* See your friends real-time status across networks
* ALSO get THE CHEAPEST calls to regular phone #s with fringOut (from 1c/min)
* Great for iPhone and iPod Touch
* Fun and easy to use
9. Yahoo! Messenger By Yahoo! [Free]
Connect with your IM friends using video and voice with the newest Yahoo! Messenger app for your iPhone. Make free voice and video calls to your Messenger friends, low cost calls to land line or mobile phones, video calls—plus get new features like multi tasking, instant notifications and free SMS.
10. Trillian By Cerulean Studios, LLC [$4.99]
Trillian for iPhone helps you organize and stay in touch with your IM and social friends while on-the-go. Receive instant push notifications, send pictures and messages, and optionally synchronize with Trillian for Mac, Windows, and Web. Trillian for iPhone has been designed to seamlessly integrate with your iPhone and boasts a clean and concise user interface for all of your chatting needs!
11. Nimbuzz: Free Calls & Messaging By Nimbuzz
Nimbuzz is free calls and messaging for the connected generation. It is everything you need to communicate. Use it to meet, share, and connect with friends. You can also import popular networks (Yahoo!™, MSN® Messenger, AIM®, GoogleTalk, Facebook©, MySpace, Hyves).
- NOW with HD voice quality!
- Over 30 million people already enjoy: