NewsRob is an RSS/Atom newsreader that auto syncs with Google Reader.
NewsRob is the Chuck Norris of news readers.
– Two way sync in the background
– Extensive offline support
– Downloads full web pages of (partial) feeds
Pro version available: http://bit.ly/nr_pro
Miss a feature? Participate:
– Added action bar. It can be displayed at the top, bottom or not at all
– New sync-in-progress reporting
– Article List is more spacious now
– Usage Data Collection
NewsRob now rated “teen” as it allows users to share comments and display user generated content.
A beautiful news application that makes reading news fun and engaging. Pulse takes your favorite news websites and transforms them into a colorful and interactive mosaic. Tap on a news article to see a clean and elegant view of the story. Sharing it via Facebook, Twitter and Email is as easy as two taps.
3. FastReader (for Google Reader)
FastReader is Google Reader client for android 1.6 or later.
4. FeedR – Android RSS Reader
The best feature of FeedR is built-in Feed Search. There is no need to use the Browser and copy / paste or type in long URLs. Simply enter the name of the site or any search key words and be on your way reading your feeds. Just to be sure the feed looks OK and is exactly what you wanted you can preview any feed returned by the search before you add it to your list.
FeedR is built around 3 simple principles: Speed, Efficiency, Transparency. In addition to fast, responsive UI FeedR offers plenty of features that improve your feed reading efficiency. Being transparent means that we will not go overboard with effects and fancy controls — because we know that mobile real estate is precious and resources are limited. We believe it is best when the UI is virtually invisible and nothing should get in the way between you and your feeds.
5. gReader (Google Reader | RSS)
gReader is an unofficial Google Reader client for Android. More on http://bit.ly/g_reader
*Read the FAQ before commenting
*CONTACT DEV on errors
*Slow on Galaxy S (use lag fix)
It’s basically an RSS reader that integrates with Google Reader. It started out as a feature in Handstand that grew to immense size and didn’t really fit with that application, so I removed it and turned it into its own application.
Best podcaster. Not only does it keep your subscriptions up-to-date, but it helps you discover new shows to listen to.
- Easy to find new podcasts/feeds
- Fully automated download and cleanup of media files
- Offline playback of audio and video
- Updated frequently – 30+ updates during the past year
- Active user community – 2000+ forum posts
- Highly configurable
Easy RSS is an application for reading your RSS feeds:
– Manage a list of RSS feeds
– Add a feed from its URL or import feeds from Google Reader – Go to previous/next article with a swipe
– Double click to access the article on line (via web browser)
It extracts the text of the article and downloads the main image.
Progress dialogs are now cancelables
- Read RSS feeds, download and listen to podcasts/video casts directly on your phone.
- Discover new podcasts in integrated podcast/feed catalogs or use our integrated feed search
- Import your feeds from Google Reader with automatic “Read” and “Starred” status synchronization
- Schedule automatic podcast downloads for convenient time or directly stream the podcasts without the need for download
- Our built in media player supports features like configurable “TiVo style” commercial skip, tracking of played time, easy cleanup of played podcasts and many others.
BuzzBox™ creates a personalized list of top news stories for you. It’s the best RSS News reader out there.
– has 2000+ categorized news sources
– groups & ranks similar news
– can get entire news text in app
– has 4×4 widget, 3×3 widget, 2×2 widget, 4×1 widget
– has smart news alerts
– can work in offline mode
– has light and dark themes
– can sort by top stories, by time, by categories, by source
– is super fast!
BuzzBox keeps you informed via smart alerts, is organized to quickly get informed and has cool widgets in dark/light themes.
Try it once and you won’t go back