Ajax is the coolest thing i ever know, i mean requesting queries from MySQL directly without even reloading page, How awesome is that. So i decided to post the best Ajax Upload Plugins. Enjoy~!
1. Ajax Upload; A file upload script with progress-bar, drag-and-drop.
This plugin uses XHR for uploading multiple files with progress-bar in FF3.6+, Safari4+, Chrome and falls back to hidden iframe based upload in other browsers, providing good user experience everywhere.
- multiple file select in FF, Chrome, Safari
- progress-bar in FF, Chrome6+, Safari
- drag-and-drop file select in FF, Chrome
- stylable via CSS
- uploads are cancellable
- no external dependencies
- doesn’t use Flash
- fully working with https
- keyboard support in FF, Chrome, Safari
- supports IE6-8, Firefox 3-4beta, Safari4-5, Chrome, Opera
This plugin is open sourced under GNU GPL. If this license doesn’t suit you contact andrew (at) valums.com for another options.
2. Ajax Upload – ZURB Playground Image Uploads with 100% Less Suck. Guaranteed.
Using a little bit of jQuery we can upload images without the suck. We ditch the upload button in favor of a save button and fire the AJAX upload event as soon as a file is selected. The image is processed server side and a thumbnail is loaded onto the existing page. Dosen’t that feel so much better?
We now have a visual representation (imagine that) of the image we selected. This is particularly useful in larger forms when many fields will be submitted with a single action. It allows the user to review the form before pressing save and see what image (or images) they selected.
The developers of TinyMCE brings you Plupload, a highly usable upload handler for your Content Management Systems or similar. Plupload is currently separated into a Core API and a jQuery upload queue widget this enables you to either use it out of the box or write your own custom implementation.
4. Uploadify – JQuery File Upload Script
Uploadify is a jQuery plugin that allows the easy integration of a multiple (or single) file uploads on your website. It requires Flash and any backend development language. An array of options allow for full customization for advanced users, but basic implementation is so easy that even coding novices can do it.
Uploadify is available under the GPL and MIT licenses. This allows Uploadify to be used in a number of applications and commercial products.
5. UploadProgress a jQuery + PHP plugin
Plugin to augment a standard file upload form with transparent background upload and add uploadprogress meter to keep client informed of progress. (see requirements above)
- Simple form submit plugin.
- Files can be upload through the plugin.
- Easy to integate to your application.
- Easy to define your own logic.
- jQupload tested with IE6, IE7, IE8, FF3, Opera, Safari4, Google Chrome2.
- Lightweight form uploader plugin – The source file is just 2k!
- Free and Free of charge under the MIT License.
jqUploader is a jquery plugin that substitutes html file input fields with a flash-based file upload widget, allowing to display a progressbar and percentage. It is designed to take most of its customization from the html code of your form directly – so you don’t have to do things twice . For instance, the maximum file size, if specified via html, will be recognized and used in the rich upload interface generated by jqUploader.
The plugin uses the form action attribute value (normally pointing to a server side script handling the upload and other data manipulations, and appends a variable “jqUploader=1” so that the upload code is initiated when it sees that key/value is on the posted data.
- Complete user interface to generate upload list
- File progress and overall progress
- Fallback capatibility (user can click and back to browser upload)
- Interface of labels fully customizable
- CSS fully customizable
- Automatic conversion of file size
- Overall limit
- File deletion
- All settings from swfupload customizable
- Extended settings and events
- Native jQuery event handling using .bind()
- Ability to assign multiple callbacks per event
- Makes multiple SWFUpload instances on a single page easier to manage
- Ability to completely separate SWFUpload object from UI code (callbacks)
- Assign event handlers before SWFUpload instance is even created!
- No global functions or variables needed!
- A nice, chainable solution!
This is an inherited button control which can perform file upload like in gmail manner. The button uses the inherited
IFRAME technique to avoid full page rendering so that user will get a nice experience.